12.02.22
Lately, I've been a bit more occupied than usual, and most of the time it keeps me more out of the house than it does inside. I live all by myself in a house a little bit bigger than my small frame can handle its cleaning at a time, and I usually come back spent-out. So sometimes, I defer cleaning for a later time...then, it piles up! And each time I looked around, it feels a bit overwhelming to handle all at once.
I decided to clean-up one time, but just a look at the entire place got me tired already : the floor, the window panes, the laundry, the dusty surfaces...'cos it was the harmattan season, ugh! I was tired already! (lol...don't look at me like that 😄). But then, I started off somewhere; from one spot to the other, and the other, and the other...I dusted, I cleaned I mopped; head over to the next spot, repeat. In few hours I was done, I looked around the whole house, it was prime and proper!
Mhen, I was really thankful to God for helping me to clean up because I had no energy by myself for it and I just knew it was God who gave the strength and helped me to do it. While I was still saying : 'thank you Father for helping me clean up', He said, that's the way I clean people up when they get dirty. I paused for a moment as though to say....err, okay? So what has it got to do with my house? He said he takes every area of our lives, one by one no matter how much ugly and dirty it may look, and does a thorough work on it and by the time he is done with us, we're sparkling clean!
While I was still amazed at the analogy he made using little things like a house clean-up, he continued and said, the same way you felt very tired and overwhelmed at the sight of the work to be done, is the say way people feel about the state they are in. The difference is, they feel they are too dirty for anyone to help them, and too unworthy to approach him to clean them up. But for him, he says, that's the best time to come to him : JUST AS YOU ARE! In Isaiah 1:18, he said “Come now, let’s settle this, Though your sins are like scarlet, I will make them as white as snow. Though they are red like crimson, I will make them as white as wool''. Isn't it incredibly amazing that that the same person you were trying to avoid is ready to welcome you with both arms open and reason thing out with you?
If you've ever felt that way or still feel that way for any reason, go to Him and don't be shy. He is your loving Father and He's been in search of you all these while. Tell him exactly how it is and watch him clean you up sparkling neat just like my apartment..lol! He is a good listener and he is not an angry God as you may have been told or heard.
Well what are you waiting for? Take that reluctant step already, and as you do, may you find the peace you so diligently seek, in the name of Jesus, Amen.
God bless you!
Ormah.
Comments
Post a Comment